Menu
werls
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin sales calling from mobile

Good afternoon,

I was in the process of looking at sign up options to Virgin broadband the other day and got so far as to put some of my contact details into the sign up form but then decided to hold fire until I checked something with my existing ISP.  I have just had a call from a mobile number and spoken to someone who claims they are working for Virgin Media and seems to know all the details that I entered the other day.  I understand with the Coronavirus that many are working from home and he said he was as well, hence the mobile number but I'm reluctant to give any further details as potentially the call could be from anyone.  Do you know if there is any way to confirm that this gentleman does indeed work for sales/retention's or should I just be avoiding the calls in future and signing up online?

My gut instinct is that it's best to avoid it at this stage.

Many thanks,

Andrew

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin sales calling from mobile

they certainly have many staff working from home and afaik they have not set up a re direct telephone system so mobiles are being used - staff here may be able to confirm if you got a name or the mobile number - if so wait for VM to pick the thread up and they can look at things

Tony
werls
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the reply Tony, it's pretty much in line with my own thoughts.  I did get an email address and mobile number for him along with his name and did the usual Google search but it came up with only a couple of hits that were not related to Virgin.  Hopefully as you say one of VM members might be able to advise.

Many thanks,

Andrew

0 Kudos
jono6811
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I've literally just posted a similar situation. A bit concerning due to the risk of id fraud using the details I provided. I did think it may be due to home working, but would be good to have an official email response confirming the order. Good luck

0 Kudos