cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin parcel scam

Notacustomer21
Joining in

I received a parcel containing an iPhone, Apple Watch and virgin SIM card. I don’t have and have never had an account with virgin. The items were not ordered or paid for by me. Two different men tried to retrieve the parcel from me but I refused recognising it as a scam. 
the police told me to contact virgin by phone - what a waste of time that was after 90 minutes no help was offered. I am happy for the parcel to be collected from me by virgin but first I need to know who and how the items were paid for, is there a fraudulent account with virgin in my name?

Please somebody be kind enough to resolve this problem for me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Notacustomer21 wrote:

I received a parcel containing an iPhone, Apple Watch and virgin SIM card. I don’t have and have never had an account with virgin. The items were not ordered or paid for by me. Two different men tried to retrieve the parcel from me but I refused recognising it as a scam. 
the police told me to contact virgin by phone - what a waste of time that was after 90 minutes no help was offered. I am happy for the parcel to be collected from me by virgin but first I need to know who and how the items were paid for, is there a fraudulent account with virgin in my name?

You will need the VM forum team to take your details and advise when they reply here within a few days.

As well as checking your bank info, check your credit report to see if your personal details have been used to obtain these items.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Client62
Hero

Might be worth a look at your bank and payment card accounts, 
to check you have not had a payment card cloned and have also
been billed for these items.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Notacustomer21 wrote:

You will need the VM forum team to take your details and advise when they reply here within a few days.

As well as checking your bank info, check your credit report to see if your personal details have been used to obtain these items.

Have checked bank accounts online and spoken to bank fraud team and so far so good!
Thanks for your reply

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Notacustomer21, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the parcel being delivered to your home, check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me, and I'll be able to look into this for you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

@Notacustomer21 wrote:
Have checked bank accounts online and spoken to bank fraud team and so far so good!
Thanks for your reply

Of course, on the other hand, a combination of the scammers failure to get the items from you and VM's customer service peoples inability to sort this out, there is a fair chance that you'll soon have a free iPhone and Apple Watch!

Appreciate your comment however reassurance from virgin of no identity theft more important than freebies!😊

Notacustomer21
Joining in

After several private messages with David (virgin media) regarding this issue hasn’t progressed at all. David now says he has filed a complaint on my behalf ! What I have received is a letter from VM Sunderland containing a returns label however as it states the return is part of the 14 day Customer Satisfaction Guarantee I will not agree to it. I am neither a customer nor am I satisfied! The biggest surprise is that they state the IMEI number of the phone. I can’t confirm that as the package hasn’t been opened. So obviously Virgin know everything about this parcel including if it was purchased in my name fraudulently.

all I ask is that they confirm in writing that I will not be held to account for that fraud and that the account is closed. Then I will return the completely intact package at their expense and collected from me. Not as they state incorrectly in their letter that I am responsible for any eventuality occurring with that parcel.

Please, again Virgin Media rid me of the plague that is your company.

Hey Notacustomer21, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this has happen.

I can see you are in PM with my colleague already and he has got the wheels rolling on this.

Please do feel free to reach back out to him for any updates. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?