cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin.net email cannot access

Nick_Hey
Joining in

Hi,

My virgin.net email account seemed to have been hacked last week. I managed to change my password and look through my settings to remove any settings I did not know about like forwarding. I cleared all my old emails and ensured my account was cleared. I was able to login via website until Monday/Tuesday this week when I received a locked/deleted account message. I have since tried multiple times to reset my password and follow the instructions but still cannot get access to the account.

I want to access so I can reset all my apps and accounts but they all send verification emails to this account. Can someone from Virgin help?

8 REPLIES 8

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Nick_Hey, 

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this issue with your email looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration 😥 

Would you be able to try and login to your email once again in order to get a screenshot of the error message that pops up please? 

We can then determine what action needs to be done going forward 😊

Thanks,

Megan_L

Nick_Hey
Joining in

Firstly I get a message “Your email or password was incorrect. Please try again or go back to change your email”

Then I go to forgot your password and try to reset, then I put in my DOB and security question answer. Which Brings up the new password screen. I input a new password which is strong, then submit and get an error “Sorry, there was a problem registering that password. Please choose a different one”. It does not matter what password I put in I get the same message. Unfortunately I cannot do a screen shot, as I am logging in on my computer, but on this forum via my IpadIMG_0050.jpeg

Hope this picture is good enough

Thanks Nick, 

That does help a lot actually, thank you! 

Could I also ask whether you're still a Virgin Media customer as well please? 

If you've disconnected your services, your email would have been removed from the server 90 days after disconnection. 

So I just want to eliminate that aspect just in case 😊

Thanks!

Megan_L

Nick_Hey
Joining in

Hi Megan,

I have only ever had this email with Virgin. Been in place for over 20 years 😀

Nick_Hey
Joining in

Hi Megan, 

If the email account has been closed and no one else has access, then I am a bit happier. As I was hacked I firstly want to ensure no one other than me has access. If I could get the email account back that would be a bonus until I have moved all of my accounts to a new email address. Thanks for your help

Ah okay, thanks for explaining that for me Nick! 😁 It's good to know you've moved your emails over to another address already.
Lets go into a private message and see what we can do, I'll send this over to you now! 

Speak to you soon 🙂

Megan_L

Hiya Nick!

Thanks for chatting with me in our private message, I'm sorry that we couldn't regain access to your old email. 

However, I am glad I've given you some peace of mind regarding the deletion of your email. 

This will stop the hackers in their tracks 🙂

If you need any further help, please let me and my team know!

Thanks,

Megan_L