cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin.net email account hacked

EuanG1
Joining in

Like a lot of other people recently, I've also been hacked with demands for money looking for $400 in bitcoin.

The account is locked and I am unable to change the password. Does anyone know how to close the email account permanently.

I tried to call Virgin Media which was a waste of time as it is a very old virgin.net email account.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Euan

3 REPLIES 3

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Wait for the forum team to read your post and help complete the deletion process.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey EuanG1,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your email account, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details EuanG1, I have now passed this onto the support team and I will be back in touch to confirm once the team have deleted the email address from our system.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L