Menu
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin box open and vulnerable

Hi Geoff_H, 

Just to give you an update. 

These jobs are booked under 021/14480121 & 021/14480158.

We have asked the contractors for an update on when the works will be done. As soon as I have any further information I shall let you know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Geoff_H
Dialled in
Message 12 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin box open and vulnerable

Hi Kath_F

I have again checked the cabinets...

Cabinet 1 is now being held closed by a large wedge of silicon rubber sealant which has been applied to the cabinet frame to prevent the door opening. The actual lock has not been fixed. This bodge will not last long as it has been applied over flaking paintwork which will inevitably come away in a few weeks and we will be back to square one again. In any case, if work is required on the cabinet equipment, it will have to be removed to gain access.

Cabinet 2 is now completely open with the door swinging in the wind which, apart from exposing the equipment inside is in danger of hitting passers-by.

What does it take to get someone to do a proper job and fix these things?

Once again, I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall...

Local social media groups are now regularly seeing posts complaining about the reliability of the Virgin Media service and you are losing customers locally because if it. Leaving equipment cabinets open and exposed to the weather is not helping your cause - you are shooting yourselves in the foot - and no-one seems to care!!!

0 Kudos