Menu
ASmith3
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin account password, outdated restrictions

I updated my Virgin account password this evening as it's been a while, and was really taken aback at the password restrictions. No more than 10 characters, and no special characters allowed (&, *, %, etc). This surely must be addressed, as the limitations don't allow for very strong passwords, I've never encountered such restrictions on any site since early 2000's. What are Virgin doing? I'm really quite shocked at this limit on security.

Tudor
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin account password, outdated restrictions

This problem has been raised many times and VM are totally deaf on the issue. You just have to live with it as they seem very unlikely to change it. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
fopa
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin account password, outdated restrictions

In this day and age the password limitations set by Virgin Media are up there with the very worst i have encountered.  They have the audacity to lock you out of your own email and provide no explanation as to why, other than "We have sent you a security letter out".  I use 2-step auth on every account where it is permitted.  I use complex and long passwords and rarely repeat them across multiple sites.  They are fast becoming a joke of an ISP.

0 Kudos