Menu
CHAYNES
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media disconnection offers - call from mobile - possibly fraudulent

I terminated my contract yesterday and today received a call on my mobile from David (also on a mobile). I wasn't surprised to receive this call but was surprised it was on my mobile. He knew the last date of my contract and provided me with a good offer. I was a bit concerned when he asked me to say yes or not to my address. Said I thought it was odd that he was phoning from a mobile but he indicated it was due to the pandemic which makes sense. Asked him to email and he did from a 'virginmedia.co.uk' address (also said from his ipad) which seemed odd. I've phoned virgin media and they said noone has accessed my account today. I phoned the mobile from a different phone and said I was concerned it was a fraudulent call. He has since sent a text message to that number providing his employer id. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media disconnection offers - call from mobile - possibly fraudulent

Hi CHAYNES,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your mobile services and suspicious call looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some concern. I would be more than happy to give you some advice.

To keep you protected, you can change all passwords to important apps and accounts such as banking apps, your Virgin Media Online Account, any shopping websites such as Amazon which have your banking details if you feel like you want to be extra careful.
Keeping your computer up to date and frequent virus scans (I do a scan once a month on my personal PC) will help keep you well protected and in the know with any issues. You can do this on your smart phone or tablets too!
I also have a handy link here - Fraud Prevention - which has a blanket overview of fraud that I think will be helpful 🙂

If you get any phishing emails, you can forward them to phishing@virginmedia.co.uk and our team will get them reported.
I hope my info gives you a bit more clarity! I can also go into a PM with you in order to check your mobile account to make sure there's nothing nefarious going on.

Let me know if you want to go down that route and I will be happy to help.
Thanks,
Megan_L

0 Kudos