cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Virus Safe incorrectly blocking app.consultport.com

sebastian-n
Tuning in

Hi,

One of our clients from the UK is reporting our website app.consultport.com being incorrectly blocked by Virgin Media Virus Safe. We understand that this is a false positive. Please advise how to proceed.

VirusTotal report for app.consultport.com

Screenshot 2023-01-16 at 15.51.26.png

SSL Trust: highest possible SSL score

Screenshot 2023-01-16 at 15.49.10.pngScreenshot 2023-01-16 at 15.44.26.png

Best,

Sebastian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Issue has been flagged to the forum team who will hopefully help answer these questions; be aware it can take them a few hours / days to respond though it is usually the former.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

20 REPLIES 20

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are a Virgin Media customer report it here Report a website or otherwise try emailing websafefeedback@​virginmedia.co.uk

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Client62
Legend

From our VM connection we do not see any response from Virgin Media Virus Safe

Look at the responses from Edge then from Firefox ... SSL perhaps.

Client62_0-1673882233807.png

Client62_1-1673882325301.png

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Client62, when Web Safe blocks access to a site it does so by redirecting the request. As a consequence if the site is requested over:

• HTTP then the redirection succeeds and Virgin Media's Child Safe or Virus Safe page is shown
  • HTTPS then the redirection fails and browser shows an appropriate warning message that a secure connection could not be established

FYI: if your browser is not configured to always use a secure connection (HTTPS) then when trying to visit http://consultport.com or http://app.consultport.com Web Safe's Virus Safe page will be shown.

We use Cloudflare with option Always use HTTPS option ON. Even if the browser request HTTP version, it will be automatically redirected by Cloudflare to the HTTPS.

Screenshot 2023-01-16 at 16.59.42.png

We also have a minimum version of 1.2 TLS required. Perhaps Virgin Media doesn't support TLS higher than 1.1?

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@sebastian-n, the earlier post was direct to @Client62 to explain why they were not seeing Web Safe's warning message; sorry if this caused any confusion.  Please act on the previous post here to register a false positive with Virgin Media.

I see. Sorry for the confusion. I already reported the false positive to websafefeedback@​virginmedia.co.uk 2 hours before opening this thread.

Every day is a learning process, I had not realised the VM Virus Safe could show as an SSL error.

My Firefox & Edge browsers are both enabled for TLS 1.2 and 1.3 only - no browsing issues over VM.

Client62_0-1673888122736.png

Client62_1-1673888187813.png

Is there anything else I can do apart from reporting a false positive to an inbox that in 2023 doesn't seems to have not even an auto-responder indicating that they have acknowledge the message?

Do you have any estimation on how long it may take to someone to give an answer? Thanks in advance

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Issue has been flagged to the forum team who will hopefully help answer these questions; be aware it can take them a few hours / days to respond though it is usually the former.