cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMIS60-NETWORKATTACKS

NikTheGeek
Dialled in

Any ideas why I get this warning with a threat of disconnection? What generates such a warning?

I have a clean PC with Sophos and Defender on it. My work laptop as a permanently connected VPN to my Govt head office so that's clean (and even if it wasn't, Virgin wouldn't see the traffic due to the VPN). I do use remote control software on a Raspberry Pi to remote my home PC with a couple of ports open in the software - it's for otherwise boring ham radio stuff, nothing suspicious.

Kids could have a dodgy android app on their phone I suppose. But without any info, where the hell do I start? I can vouch for my cleanliness at least.

More information like ports open, traffic type, websites visited would be good...

Nik

3 REPLIES 3

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi NikTheGeek,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Apologies for any issues faced. can I ask is that error message appearing on our settings page or through your devices?

Regards,

Kain

No, its an email VM sent me which I immediately assumed was a scam, except there were no links to click on. I phoned CS on 150 who confirmed that I had been sent the email but were unable to tell me what or why as they don't have access to that.

Like I said, less than helpful.

I know my pc is clean. I know my govt issued work pc is clean (and it uses a vpn anyway).

It could be a dodgy app on the phone of one of my kids friends. But who knows without more info?

I suspect its because I have a couple of open ports and run remote management software so that I can access my pc and ham radio gear remotely. However, your email specifically says:

NikTheGeek_0-1689069143507.png

Fancy getting my account info off me and doing some digging to help me out?

Hi NikTheGeek

I will send you a private message now so we can assist further.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop back to me when you can.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide