Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unsure why I need to return equipment

Hi,

Can someone confirm whether an email received from eq-rtns-noreply@virginmedia.co.uk, asking me to return VM equipment (which I don't think I even received in the first place?!), is not spam? 

I didn't receive the equipment or the return kit they refer to, but the email states that I will be charged if they don't receive it this week.

If it's not spam, does anyone know why would I have received this email? I haven't cancelled my VM account or anything like that - it seems to have been sent out-of-the-blue?

Many thanks!

P

P.S. The body of the email states: 

Unfortunately we haven't had our kit back yet. Please follow the simple instructions that came with the packaging we sent you, or check out our handy video

To make things nice and easy, we use the Collect+ service for returns. You can find your nearest drop off point at collectplus.co.uk/storefinder

Charging for unreturned kit

The below kit needs to be returned to us as soon as possible, if we don't receive it within the next nine days a replacement charge may be added to your account.

Item TypeItem DescriptionSerial No. 
Broadband RouterArris Super Hub-
Set Top BoxArris TiVo® box-

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unsure why I need to return equipment

Hello

It is  genuine seems strange to me.

I have escalated to the VM forum team, one of the VM staff will be along in this thread to resolve it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi PWoodbridge, thanks for getting in touch. 

Sorry for the confusion around this, I'm trying to get clarification on the legitimacy of the email - in the meantime I'd like to check your account if that's OK to ensure everything's as it should be.

I'll get in touch via PM to confirm a  few details & hope to hear back from you soon. 

Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

This has been confirmed as spam by the VM team.

Thank you for all your help! 

Patricia