cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsure scam leaflet

Jamesb1512
Tuning in

So i received this leaflet this evening and found it strange that the only way to contact was via sms on what may be a premium rate number I'm unsure about it. I would expect at very least a website i could visit especially from a broadband provider so i am worried it may be a phishing scam or/and a premium rate number scam.

6 REPLIES 6

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jamesb1512 wrote:

So i received this leaflet this evening and found it strange that the only way to contact was via sms on what may be a premium rate number I'm unsure about it. I would expect at very least a website i could visit especially from a broadband provider so i am worried it may be a phishing scam or/and a premium rate number scam.

How did you receive this leaflet? Was it put through your letter box?

Can you post a picture of the leaflet.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jamesb1512

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Please can you send us a screenshot of this leaflet? We'll be able to advise further.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Screenshot_2022-05-31-20-46-33-70_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

 thank you for your response.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Looks genuine, why do you say it’s a premium number?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks for the response i did say it may be a premium rate number im unsure as it just didn't seem right the way in which the leaflet was presented with no other way of contacting besides sms and it was posted late in the evening. I just want to be sure it was legitimate as there are some vulnerable residents on our street and i would hate for something to happen that could have been avoided.

@Tudor wrote:

Looks genuine, why do you say it’s a premium number?

•  

Hi @Jamesb1512 thanks for getting back to us.

I am grateful that you've been cautious.  It's better to check things out.  The leaflet is genuine.  I am really sorry for any concerns this may have caused you or indeed, your neighbourhood.

Regards

Lee