Menu
wilson075
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Unable to reset account password

Hi, can anyone help? I cannot reset my virgin media account password. I go through the options, security question, DOB then when I click next it opens a browser stating "Oops something is broken". I've contacted support through chat who couldn't help but directed me to IT landline call who tried to reset it but it wouldn't let him. He has now raised an IT ticket which could take 3 to 5 days just for IT to look at it. I now can't access my email account which I've had for a long time.

Apparently, I was told it was due to suspicious activity on my email account. My last email on my account from virgin web team stated my password had been successfully changed. Obviously panic stations at this point as I didn't change my password or authorise anyone to change my password. Now I'm stuck...anyone any ideas?

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to reset account password

Hello @wilson075.

Welcome to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry to see that you have been having issues with your login details.

Did the person on the phone give you an IT Ticket number? 

Look forward to your response.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
wilson075
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hayley,

I wasn't given an IT ticket as the gentleman's system wasn't responding at the time. I asked how they'd be in touch and his response was pretty unclear. I assumed I'd phone again after 5 days. It's a bit of a nightmare scenario. thanks Paul

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi @wilson075

Thanks for coming back to us. 

I will pop you over a PM so we can have a look at your account to see if this has been raised for you. 

Please look out for the purple envelope as this should take you to PM's 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos