Menu
Highlighted
savvychels
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unable to report phishing email

So I received an email today supposedly from VM stating they were unable to process my latest bill payment.  I know it’s a phishing email, as has been seen in a few other posts on here and on the security page.

however I am trying to forward it to phishing@virginmedia.com and it keeps getting bounced back to me with this message:

Message not delivered
There was a problem delivering your message to phishing@virginmedia.com. See the technical details below.
The response from the remote server was:

554 5.2.0 MXIN602 Message contains Spam Content ;id=0ukzjWR9BJbQQ0ulPjbBSJ;sid=0ukzjWR9BJbQQ

Well of course it contains spam, that’s why I’m trying to send it to you.  That’s a bit ridiculous.

and second to that, it’s a bit odd that your phishing server bounces it back for spam, yet allowed it to get to my inbox?

How are we supposed to report it if we can’t forward it to the appropriate email address?            

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Unable to report phishing email

FYI

If you have received a phishing email purporting to be from Virgin Media, please forward it to phishing@virginmedia.com. If you receive a ‘Spam Content Found’ error when forwarding a suspected phishing email to us via Webmail, then we are already aware of the email and have taken steps to ensure the email is blocked on our platform.

[Source: https://netreport.virginmedia.com/netreport/]

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
savvychels
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to report phishing email

Thanks