cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT My mobile banking app has been hacked, how do I disable it?

jhar
Just joined

One of my banks (not Virgin) messaged me to check an unauthorised payment. When I confirmed it was unauthorised, an automated call asked me to key in a digit. I hung up. Ten minutes later, the unauthorised payment appeared in my Virgin mobile banking records, despite the fact that the message was supposedly from another bank. How do I stop access to my banking app? I cannot reach any help on the Fraud number.

3 REPLIES 3

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@jhar wrote:

One of my banks (not Virgin) messaged me to check an unauthorised payment. When I confirmed it was unauthorised, an automated call asked me to key in a digit. I hung up. Ten minutes later, the unauthorised payment appeared in my Virgin mobile banking records, despite the fact that the message was supposedly from another bank. How do I stop access to my banking app? I cannot reach any help on the Fraud number.

If you are seeing unauthorised payments on your bank account, you need to get in touch with your bank immediately. They will most likely lock your account to prevent further transactions. I am not sure where Virgin Media/Mobile fits into this though and what you want VM to do.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Perhaps @jhar is getting confused with Virgin Money which is an entirely separate company to Virgin Media.

Their website can be found here:

https://uk.virginmoney.com/

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @jhar 

Thank you so much for your first post and welcome to the community forums, its great to have you here. 

I'm so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue with your online banking. 

Have you since been able to speak with your bank in regards to this issue? 

Was @Graham_A correct and were you in fact referring to Virgin Money? 

Thank you.