Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Text message

Got this message last night from 07418444423

Yodel will be in touch tomorrow with your 2 hour estimated delivery slot. Going out? No worries: Yodel will leave a card explaining how to reschedule.

This morning I had this one 

Great news! Your Virgin Media kit's on its way. Keep this text handy, and when you're ready to get set up, just reply GO to this message and we'll activate it.

What's coming as I've not ordered anything?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Text message

@mrgeumpy152 What's coming as I've not ordered anything?

That will be the free "thank you" gift intended for me, as a reward for over a quarter of a century's continuous custom!  Then again, probably not, as a loyal customer I'm just a resource for VM, to be mined to exhaustion.

A few of the more probable options:

1)  A shiney new Hub 4 because you're in an area that's now DOCSIS 3.1 compatible and is subject to congestion from too much traffic.  If you're not experiencing any problems with your connection, give serious though before you plug in or activate a Hub 4, there's a range of fun problems some customers are encountering with it.  They'll be resolved one day, but not yet.  New does not equal better.

2) VM have mixed up your account with some other account upgrade, and you'll get an unordered V360, a mobile phone or the like.  This is bad news as sorting it out will be a right pain.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Text message

Hmmm I've do have issues now and then with my bb. Every other week I have to reset the router and my speed drops. 

Will need to have a look at the pros and cons I suppose

0 Kudos