Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Text message received from 'Paul at virgin media'

Spoiler
Hi,  I've recently amended my package and today received a text from mobile number from a Paul who says he works for virgin media offering my changes at a lower price. 

I'm very wary of scams, I phoned 150 and they said they cannot offer the deal (£4 lower a month). Are virgin media employees working remotely at home utilising mobile phones? The details in the text were pretty specific so it seems legit,  but they are often the ones that get you. I don't want to reply and find I've been charged for texting that number due to it being a scam

Any help appreciated
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Text message received from 'Paul at virgin media'

staff are working from home and some are calling from mobile numbers so it may well be legit - wait for VM to pick up the thread and they should be able to confirm either way

no idea on the lower offer - that sounds odd but again may be legit 

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Text message received from 'Paul at virgin media'

Hi Darrelb,

Thanks for posting, and sorry for any confusion about your recent account changes. 

I can confirm with some agents working from home they would contact you from what appears to be a mobile number.

In regards to your package you can contact us to double check this on 150/ 0345 454 1111 or alternatively you can text us on +44753 305 1809.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos