Menu
psm0612
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Telephone support password

I’ve got an issue when I call telephone support and they ask me for my password but, it’s telling me that is incorrect is there any way to change my password?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Telephone support password

The telephone password VM ask for is the memorable word you set up when you first opened the VM account.

This should have been in the original documentation sent to you. It's generally something along the lines of mothers maiden name, place of birth, favourite pets name etc. Agents should be able to ask further questions to verify you as the account holder, so have bills/contracts handy if you phone again.

VM have recently changed their DPA process as they used to send password reminder letters if requested.

If you can call VM on your VM landline by dialling 150 then they should be able to reset your password over the phone.

Failing that, you should be able to confirm the serial numbers of your equipment as a way to reset your password.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Telephone support password

Hello @psm0612,

Welcome back to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I can pull you into a private message and help you change your memorable word if this helps? 

Please let me know.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide