Menu
Grayshouse21
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Taking a photo

I cannot be the only one for this to happen to, I was taking photos and when I went back through them, on my TV was virgin sign top left with "Love at Christmas" paused on my tele, I have never had virgin t.v? What on earth is going on, after some rational (not possible) responses from my partner, I came to conclusion that on permissions, virgin had use of camera ( now switched off) so basically they could advertise through my camera,Has anyone else had same experience or could identify problem. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Taking a photo

Hi there @Grayshouse21

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. Sorry for the delay in response, we've been very busy and doing all we can to get to each customer ASAP. 

I'm sorry to hear about this - I'm a little unsure as to what's happened however. Was this on your standard camera? What VM App's have permissions on your phone? Are you able to send a screenshot of the picture/logo please? 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Grayshouse21
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

IMG-20201213-WA0026.jpg

0 Kudos
Grayshouse21
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I hope you can answer this i am trying nit think about it to much, Had search all my files for that pic.

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Grayshouse21 

Thanks for the picture, that will be very helpful. Just to clarify - the screen it is also paused on is Netflix? 

We'll look in to this and get back to you ASAP. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there 🙂 

Just popping back to see what it was you were watching when this happened. Can you advise the programme, App and box you have please? 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
Grayshouse21
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

It was through gallery on my device,ncis:Los Angeles was in tele, However after I took the pic I went in gallery and it showed Virgin on the tele,paused on that film. Thankyou Adam

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for popping back @Grayshouse21

We're still a little confused and the picture you have sent isn't showing us any more information - I am sorry. 

Can you advise what platform/streaming service you were watching that film on at the time? You advise that you we're watching NCIS but that is not what is showing on the TV screen - it looks to be a Netlfix pause/judgement screen.

If you do not have our services with us then we are unsure as to how the logo is showing unless this was an advert on the TV at the time of the picture being taken. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Grayshouse21
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Your as confused as the rest of us, I have absolutely no idea how this occurred,why it occurred, I was forgetting it ever happened, I have had the worst year of my life, With covid, my disability n illnesses, Plus the fact I got hacked on a different device about 2 months ago which was the worst experience of my entire life and to round it off this happened, So I would be very appreciative if we could just forget it ever happened, A freak occurrence. Thankyou A

0 Kudos
Grayshouse21
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Still not resolved, there's a cursor on my tv so whatever it was it was using a computer to do it kinda like screen mirroring My tv

0 Kudos