cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TP-Link_A488 when scanning for networks

Roblox55
Joining in

Can anyone help? 

My daughter has been in a controlling relationship and her ex partner has left the home. I notice a TP-Link_A488 when scanning for networks. As we think her partner could be monitoring her through devices, is there any way that we can find out how or is this TP link device another wifi device. She is with Virgin Media at present. We are not technically savvy so any help would be gratefully received. Could someone covertly see what is on her mobile phone also.

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

2 REPLIES 2

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I am sincerely saddened to read of your concerns but also thankful that awareness of tech abuse is rising. A good online resource can be found here: Clinic to End Tech Abuse (CETA) > Resources > Get Help > Resources. Do also consider discussing the matter with the Police and/or seeking help from support groups, for example Refuge

When a device scans for available Wi-Fi networks it is not uncommon to see those you use and those used around you by neighbours. Is this what you are doing when you see TP-Link_A488?

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Robloc55,

Welcome to the community, thanks for posting.

I am so sad to see that your daughter was going through this! Is she the account holder for this broadband account?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide