Menu
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Suspicious calls about a virus

Had a call today one from 01642 277 232 and was asked whether i had had internet problems and further questions and was told there were virus issues -  to solve the issue, I was asked to type vm71.webly....into my browser to enable them to connect to my laptop and then the router.....this did not feel right and the caller was not able to prove they were from Virgin so the call ended. I have googled the number and nothing came up. i had a silent call earlier in the day from a similar number 01642 275837 and have in general been receiving many hoax calls.

Anyone else experience this?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Suspicious calls about a virus

@Kasignete wrote:

Had a call today one from 01642 277 232 and was asked whether i had had internet problems and further questions and was told there were virus issues -  to solve the issue, I was asked to type vm71.webly....into my browser to enable them to connect to my laptop and then the router.....this did not feel right and the caller was not able to prove they were from Virgin so the call ended. I have googled the number and nothing came up. i had a silent call earlier in the day from a similar number 01642 275837 and have in general been receiving many hoax calls.

Anyone else experience this?

Take your pick. And this is just from last week!

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=location,dateRangeType&q=s... 

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks