cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspicious activity detected on email account

tomgraybooks
On our wavelength

I was locked out of my email account for over 3 hours yesterday. After changing my password I was able to get back in, and this morning I received an email to say it had been locked because of suspicious activity.  I can only think that it was because I've been sending 70+ emails a day for the last couple of weeks, which as far as I know is below the daily limit for VM. Can anyone from VM confirm that this was what flagged my account? I ran a virus and malware scan and my PC came up clean.

4 REPLIES 4

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@tomgraybooks wrote:

Can anyone from VM confirm that this was what flagged my account?

Sadly, I think you will find the answer is no! 

Virgin Media always seem to remain tight lipped about the exact reasons why an account has been locked. Personally, I would not think it is related to the number of emails you've been sending.

As you are aware, VM do have sending limits but as far as I am aware it is on the number of recipients rather than emails. So if you send 1 email with 50 recipients that counts as 50 not 1.

However, if you breach those limits VM simply block you from sending emails for a period rather than locking the account

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post @tomgraybooks, and I'm sorry to hear you were locked out of your E-Mail account for 3 hours yesterday.

Can you please ensure that the password you've created for the E-Mail address is unique and has never been used before for this address? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

@David_Bn, the password is unique. I had to change it again this morning because I sent an email with the same subject and got locked out again. 

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

OK and if you've run malware checks on all associated devices too then it's possible this was just triggered by legitimate activity which I understand can happen sometimes - apologies for the inconvenience, if you encounter any more problems please let us know.

Tom