Menu
paulajayne11
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Suspicious Text: Failed to pre-authorise your monthly direct debit

Have recieved a text today, its came through on the thread of texts I get from VirginMedia regarding my data rollover and voicemails etc. Stating that 'We have failed to pre-authorise your monthly direct debit. In order to avoid any late fees Please update your details virgin.media-status.com/?v=2'

I am pretty sure this is a scam message due to the URL not being quite right and also the fact that I do indeed have money in my account ready for my bill to come out. I've tried for over half hour to call toady but stuck in a loop of robots and couldn't get through to someone to talk to and confirm this. Can anyone advise and confirm that this is indeed a scam? It's worrying as it's came through on the official thread and looks legit.

0 Kudos
Anankha
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Suspicious Text: Failed to pre-authorise your monthly direct debit

I agree that it’s a scam. These are a new type of scam where they can appear in a list of texts from the genuine company so people assume they’re legit.

Log on to Virginmedia via the website directly & check there to see if there’s a problem with the direct debit.