Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Suspicious Phone calls

I have received several calls in recent days on my mobile  from +800 1836411.

When I eventually answered a heavily accented Indian voice knew my name. Stated they were from VM and had offers for me as a long standing customer. Having only just agreed a new contract I though this was strange.

I was then asked to give letters of my password and address and when I refused the line went dead.

Am I right in thinking this was a scam call?

Keith Robinson

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Suspicious Phone calls

Hi keithrob, that is the sales team at Virgin Media and would need to pass security to access the account and as this was not given there is not much the agent could do and disconnected the call. I am sorry for any inconvenience. ^Chris 

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Chris.

Why would a sales team be ringing customers just days after I had negotiated a new contract? Do they not have access to details of the

products and services I currently have?.

My suspicions were aroused on the first call which was barely audible because of the amount of noise in the background

in the call centre. This needs to be addressed I would suggest. The second call appeared to be from abroad as the caller had a very heavily accented

Indian voice and was extremely difficult to understand.

When we are being warned all the time to never give out passwords etc to unknown callers why are VM ringing and asking for them when they are making the call?  I suggest you need to review your sales techniques!

A pity I might have missed a better offer, but this is the first time in 24 years I have had any sales calls from VM!

keithrob

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi keithrob, thanks for the reply, I will send you a private message to check as we would have noted the account. Please keep an eye out for the private message. Chris. 

0 Kudos