Menu
hockler1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Strong Password

So my Virgin email has been hacked again. After so many times I don't bother to use it any more but why can't they make it possible to set a strong password? My password for this forum is stronger than the email password.

My email account is completely useless to me thanks to the weak security from Virgin. I have to laugh when I get advice to set a strong password, I suppose Virgin staff also laugh when they give out this daft advice. It is of course completely impossible to set a strong password with the security system they have in place.

Are they ever going to change it and if nothing else save themselves from sending me letters every three months when hackers have yet again overcome the password "protection" on my account? Their password requirements are utterly ridiculous, I don't know any other organisation with such weak security.

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Strong Password

Hi hockler1,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about this. Do you need assistance with the email address? 

^Martin

0 Kudos
hockler1
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

What can be done? What is needed is the ability to set a strong password but everyone knows this and has known it for years. Why won't Virgin allow us to set a strong password when pretty much every other website in the world does, including this forum? Alternatively, can I close the email account and/or unlink it from my Virgin account so the hackers can do what they like but my Virgin account is unaffected?

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Are you now able to access your email address? 

^Martin

0 Kudos
hockler1
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes

0 Kudos