Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Strange calls from 08001836408 said from Virgin media

I have received the call this evening. He spoke a strong Indian Sub-continent accent and very quickly. I have roughly pick it up as he wanted give me a special offer to improve the broadband. When I asked him to speak slowly and give more details, he hung up. So I want to know what you can offer? 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Strange calls from 08001836408 said from Virgin media

It is a genuine number used by Virgin but it could still be spoofed.

You're better off calling in yourself on the official contact number.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If it is a genuine number used by Virgin, why he did not tell me more the details and hung up. Is this your Virgin Media's usual way?

0 Kudos
Rising star
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@chscod wrote:

If it is a genuine number used by Virgin, why he did not tell me more the details and hung up. Is this your Virgin Media's usual way?

The number may be linked to Virgin Media but you have no way of knowing if the call was genuine or not. Scammers regularly fake the caller ID so that it looks as if the call is coming from somewhere genuine when, in fact, it is not. You have no real way of telling who the call was from just from caller ID alone.

As has been suggested at message #2 above, you are better calling in yourself to find out what might be on offer for you.

0 Kudos