Menu
freedom417
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Spambots have not got a clue but I am trying.

Hi there

I am looking for help if at all possible, I came back from holiday so don't know if this began while I was away or since I have came back. I cant send emails using Outlook I receive them ok but cant send them. I have been trying to sort it for a week and it is driving me nuts. I called Virgin to report it and was told it would take up to 5 days heard nothing back, not to happy about that. But I am not to computer savvy but after reading up I have discovered I am on a blacklist which I didn't even know existed, after searching I did find Ravenstar 68 instructions and I have tried to follow them as best I can. I dont know if I have found 2 internet possible machines that could be causing it but running the WireShark and telnet and hotspot I have found 2 different ip addresses blacked out 1 was a Firestick and 1 was my Huawei P40 Pro mobile. I dont know if that is the things causing it but I reset the Firestick and deleted a lot of apps from my phone and nothing seems to be happening with WireShark now ??

I searched on Spamhaus and in CSS it says this  The observed forged HELO identification was htuk.fb.mnetq.xpbswtcpbbhodzrlkeci.com.

The last detection occurred at: October 9 2020, 11:42 (UTC time zone, +/- 1 minute)

I am also in PBL

And also XBL

How do I know if I have got rid of it happening is it just when I can send emails again ??

Any help would be gratefully appreciated 

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spambots have not got a clue but I am trying.

Delist your public IP Address from Spamhaus lists and if it is not relisted you have resolved the issue.

FYI: listing in PBL is expected and not of concern.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
freedom417
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spambots have not got a clue but I am trying.

Hi there 

Thanks

Yeah I delisted my ip address the other day and I havent had any problems since the date on previous message, so hopefully I have managed to get rid of it.

Thanks again for replying I have not used my emails on my mobile but deleted a lot of apps, and the other was a firestick which I have reset to factory settings and not had any bother with that, so when I do decide to try emails from my mobile if it happens again its coming from my mobile phone and I will have to reset my mobile but hopefully I have got rid of it.

Cheers.

0 Kudos