Menu
Cushlick
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Spambot

I have received a letter and today a phone call re spambot and a threat to cut off our internet connnecttion in 24hrs if not resolved.  All our personal devices have either Norton or AVG and are saying no malware. The other 2 devices are work laptops and have there own security.  Can you advice and locate which device?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Cushlick
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How to I know my devices are clear of spambots

After receiving a letter and phone call re spambots how can I confirm my devices are clean and I won't get cut-off?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to I know my devices are clear of spambots

Hello

This post will help you to find and destroy spam bots https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Searching-for-Spambots-on-your-network/td-p/40...

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to I know my devices are clear of spambots

I've merged the two identical threads posted by Cushlick. Just a reminder. The Forum rules are NOT to create multiple same issue threads.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spambot

@Cushlick wrote:

I have received a letter and today a phone call re spambot and a threat to cut off our internet connnecttion in 24hrs if not resolved.  All our personal devices have either Norton or AVG and are saying no malware. The other 2 devices are work laptops and have there own security.  Can you advice and locate which device?

I hope you did not engage with the caller threatening to cut off your internet connection as it is likely to be some miscreant attempting a scam.