Menu
beaker656
Dialled in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Spam email from VirginMedia or real

Received a email just now saying "thank you for choosing Virgin Media" yet I've  been a customer since for 15+ years.
What really highlighted it to me was the spelling of broadband, as per the image.

Are the links real or fake, or did somebody just not spellcheck the outgoing mail?

beaker656_2-1632146491604.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spam email from VirginMedia or real

Yep, the bad-spelling is one giveaway clue.

Also check the "from" line that the email was sent from. If it's official VM, chances are it'll be an @VirginMedia.com (or similar) line - a lot of these spammers will use hotmail, outlook or similar freebie accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi @beaker656,

Welcome back to our community forums and thank you for flagging this to us.

As mentioned by @japitts where was this email sent from? Also have you made any recent changes to your account?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
beaker656
Dialled in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Turns out it was a genuine survey request

from:YourOpinion@survey.virginmedia.co.uk <YourOpinion@express.medallia.com

It was triggered as I had disabled the "Smart Wifi channel optimisation" that VM had remotely activated on my SH3 (without my consent).

Anybody that was on the pod trial earlier this year will know that the channel optimisation didn't really work. For our location and quite a crowded RF environment it just seemed to pick default channels for both 2.4 & 5Ghz networks and sat there, NOT optimising. Also the channels it picked were the most congested.

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the update @beaker656.

We always appreciate your feedback and use it to make improvements to our service.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ALF28
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

YourOpinion@survey.virginmedia.co.uk

I also got one of these on 4/11/21 to my virgin contact email

It was a survey - how likely are you to reccomend to a friend with 0-10 , and for full survey click on links to -surveysupport.medallia.com which is not virgin, but a company appointed by virgin to do surveys.

Is this genuine as the virgin is normally virginmedia.com , not virignmedia.co.uk.

This survey comany express.medallia.eu have been given my "virgin contact email" to send me surveys, I do not object  but wondered if this is genuine or not so have not done the survey as it is a third party, not virgin media. the usual emails from virign come from  email@em.virginmedia.com

-----------------------------------

NOTE-

I have re-submitted this post, as my previous similar post on this thread yesterday was moved to a new posting and was getting views on the community home page, but no answers, and then this morning my original posting had been removed by the virgin forum, very unusual for virgin to remove a posting??? and no explanation or message why they did that.

alf28

0 Kudos
ALF28
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

YourOpinion@survey.virginmedia.co.uk

I also got one of these on 4/11/21 to my virgin contact email

It was a survey - how likely are you to reccomend to a friend with 0-10 , and for full survey click on links to -surveysupport.medallia.com which is not virgin, but a company appointed by virgin to do surveys.

Is this genuine as the virgin is normally virginmedia.com , not virignmedia.co.uk.

This survey comany express.medallia.eu have been given my "virgin contact email" to send me surveys, I do not object  but wondered if this is genuine or not so have not done the survey as it is a third party, not virgin media. the usual emails from virign come from  email@em.virginmedia.com

-----------------------------------

NOTE-

I have re-submitted this post, as my previous similar post on this thread yesterday was moved to a new posting and was getting views on the community home page, but no answers, and then this morning my original posting had been removed by the virgin forum, very unusual for virgin to remove a posting??? and no explanation or message why they did that.

alf28

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi @ALF28 thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Do you have a screenshot of the email you received, that you'd be prepared to share?

Regards

Lee_R

ALF28
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

First of all, thank you for being a Virgin Media customer.

At Virgin Media we want to make sure we give you a supercharged connectivity, entertainment and mobile experience so we'd like to find out what you think about our products and services. The survey should take 5 minutes to complete.

Overall, how likely are you to recommend Virgin Media to a friend or colleague?
Not At All LikelyExtremely Likely

Thanks very much in advance for your feedback.

Yours sincerely,

The whole team at Virgin Media

Please do not “Reply” to this email.

This survey invitation will expire on November 19, 2021 at 2:02 AM.

Should you need help accessing or completing this survey, please visit: http://surveysupport.medallia.com/s/?id=https://survey.medallia.eu/?escpkswydtzwdph6z8nmht.

Virgin Media has contracted Medallia, an independent firm, to conduct this survey. Your responses will be used in accordance with our privacy policy. Our privacy policy and related information can be found on our website here: https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/privacy-policy .

Medallia conduct surveys on behalf of Virgin Media. For Medallia's detailed security policy, please click here: http://www.medallia.com/privacy

Virgin Media O2 looks after the data collected in this survey, and may use your feedback together with information already held about you to make sure you're getting the products and services you want. We will never share information with anyone outside of Virgin Media O2 without your consent, the information collected is treated in accordance with our privacy policies, or you can write to the team at: Virgin Media, 500 Brook Drive, Reading RG2 6UU

To unsubscribe from future Medallia surveys for Virgin Media, please click https://survey.medallia.eu/?escpkswydtzwdph6z8nmht&reject=yes.

ReplyForward

---------------------------

above is the survey email received showing a text version of the survey email.

please redact any sensative information, I have ommited my personal details.

is this genuine? I was puzzled it was from a firm called Medallia, does virgin use this firm for surveys.

alf28

0 Kudos
ALF28
Knows their stuff
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I found this link from 2019, doing a search for Medallia

Solved: feedback survey emails from Virgin Media & Medalli... - Virgin Media Community - 4021775

so the survey email is probably genuine.

alf28

0 Kudos