Menu
Kri5
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Spam calls regarding broadband speed

HI,

We have been receiving what i believe to be spam calls from 01642 283426 supposedly from Virgin Media regarding slow broadband speeds.  The first call was an Asian lady, who stated she was from Virgin and they had detected low broadband speed on our router.  The second call came within minutes of the first and was an Asian male, he stated they same thing, both times we hung up.

A few minutes later we received a third call from 01215 377782, again supposedly from Virgin, the caller started talking in a foreign language before switching to broken English, again unconvincingly telling us we had a problem.  I can only assume they were hoping to gain access somehow, they hung up this time however after the wife explained this was the 3rd spam call we've received withing 10 minutes and I told them, not so politely, to go away. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
goslow
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spam calls regarding broadband speed

As you have already identified, these were scam calls.

A call screening and blocking device, or a phone with those features built in, can deal with the scam calls very effectively and prevent them from ringing through to your home phone.

0 Kudos
Kri5
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spam calls regarding broadband speed

We have now invested in a new phone that has a call blocking feature, now I'm actually waiting to receive some!

0 Kudos