cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam call

conrail
On our wavelength

had a phone call this morning from a lady, she appeared to be Asian, telling me that my vm router has been compromised, she could see 6 people using my router, I checked and there are 6 devices connected to my router although only one was switched on, she asked me to use my mobile phone and go to a link she gave me, I  told her I will hang up and ring vm myself to confirm this is a genuine call, she then got highly irate, telling me she was concerned about my security, when I told her I was hanging up she became abusive and telling me I was at risk, so I hung up, before I could dial 150 she was back on the line yelling at me telling me not to hang up and she was only trying to help me, I hung up again ang quickly dial 150 before she could ring back, it took me 12 minutes to speak to an adviser after pressing all the numbers, in the end I stopped pressing and waited  for a human, anyway that is a moan for another day, the vm cs Asian lady I spoke to was very helpful and said I had not had a call from vm today, or any other day and confirmed my thoughts that it was spam, so just to let people know about these people

2 REPLIES 2

conrail
On our wavelength

apologies, title should be SPAM CALLS, not span calls, I must get a pc that can spell

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi conrail,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you have received a potential fraudulent call, this is something we are aware of and appreciate this is becoming a common occurrence, you can find further information around dealing with such calls here.

Regards

Paul.