Menu
Gurruchaga
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Spam and more

Hello,

I got a letter about spam coming from our devices and I am trying to sort it out but the page rejects my log in and then my last name, account number and area, the three of them heading the letter. I would appreciate some help on this.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spam and more

Hey @Gurruchaga,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post on our forums.

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having issues with spam coming from your account.

I have tried to locate your account via your community profile but have not been able to find your account.

Which page is rejecting your details? Is it the My Virgin Media login screen or the login for your email account?

You can also find more information on how to stop this from happening here.

Regards,

Steven_L

Gurruchaga
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Steven,

Thank you very much for you reply.

To correct the issue I tried to log in in the Virginmedia portal with my old email address and password. I thing that is the way I have always logged in. But it was rejected. I closed the email account a few months ago. I clicked the option to recover username and password to log in and the new page asked me to provide my last name, my account and area. And I was rejected again when your letter about spam included the same data.

I have scanned all devices and the scan found two Identity risks in my wife’s phone. She uses a blueyonder.co.uk email account. We changed the password. The auto forward option was not ticked. It would great to confirm if changing the password has stopped the spambot operating.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your update Gurruchaga,

Sadly we wouldn't be able to identify on our end if a spam bot has been prevented or removed from a device on our end

Do please let us know if our IT team to come back to you in regards to spam E-Mails being sent from your device(s) or account(s) again

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Gurruchaga
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much for your reply, David.

Hopefully the spam issue has been sorted. If not, I hope that your IT Team come back to me before taking a decision "to suspend or cancel" our broadband services as stated in the letter.

Best wishes.