Menu
darkcloud1
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, we can't confirm your username

Hi,

When ever i try to reset the password it ask me to confirm the username first and when I try to confirm username it always give me this error. How I can reset my password and confirm new username?

Sorry, we can't confirm your username

Sorry, but we're having a few technical problems, and we can't confirm your username at the moment. We're working on it, so please try again later.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sorry, we can't confirm your username

Your username is your VM email address, or are you trying to change the username.

If so you can only change it to a non Virginmedia email address that you already have set up with another email provider.

If you are unsure of your username you can check it here:

virgin-media-reset-username-and-password 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
darkcloud1
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I know the username but it says to verify it as its a new username by sending email but It gives the error whenever I try to verify the new username to reset my password.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

At this stage I suggest you log back into My Virgin Media with the original username and cancel the username change process.

You can then try again, making sure that the new username is a non Virginmedia one and that it is an email address that you already own and can access.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
darkcloud1
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I already mentioned that I am trying to reset the password, so how I can login with old username?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Until you are able to complete the verification process for the username change the old username should still work.

0 Kudos
darkcloud1
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

How can I login in old username when I dont know the password and no access to old email address?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

There is clearly something else going on here that will need intervention from the Forum Team to unravel.

You must have known the old username password in order to commence the username change process or are you saying that someone else tried to change the username which has now caused you to be locked out?

I will ask the Forum Team if they can take a look.

Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi darkcloud1

Thank you for getting in touch.

I am sorry to hear you are having problems with your email. 

In order for us to look in to this further, we will need to grab a few more details via private message. 

i will send this over to you now 🙂 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos