cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone is using my phone number for their account

nicktgphillips
Joining in

I do not have an active Virgin Media account and do not want one. However, I have received two text messages over the past few days from Virgin Media. The first one gave a link to contract details, sent yesterday at 10:17am:

Hi it's Virgin Media. Please view & consent to your contractual document here: [REMOVED]

The second text came through this morning at 08:52am:

Hi, your Virgin kit will arrive on Fri 01 Jul. Yodel will send you a 2-hour delivery window. To view your order details, get our app at virginmedia.com/qsapp

This indicates that somehow someone has activated an account using my phone number. I can't see any payments coming out of my bank account at the moment, but it is worrying. Please can you remove my number from any accounts you have on record. Happy to provide my number privately.

3 REPLIES 3

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello nicktgphillips, 

We can certainly look at this and make sure it is just a genuine human typo error when setting up a new account.

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen  for a private message that would be great.
Regards     
Gareth_L

nek1
Joining in

I am also receiving messages like these via sms and also I am not a customer of virgin media, are they a scam or has my number been used in error?

Hi there @nek1, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see that you are getting messages coming through for someone else's account. As Gareth advised earlier on the thread this could just be a case that your number has been put on an account in error.

I will send you a PM to investigate this further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules