cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone fraudulently set up an account in my name

jennib81
Joining in

I recently received a virgin media router completely unexpectedly. I am not a customer and haven't been for over 15 years! I immediately contacted my bank, as someone has previously tried to set up pet insurance using my details, but no direct debit from virgin was there to be cancelled. I then spent over an hour on the phone to virgin, being bounced around 4 departments only for the last woman to rudely hang up on me! which demonstrates the precise reason I left 15 years ago, the customer service is second only to Scottish power for being AWFUL!

Since then, a direct debit appeared on my bank account which I immediately cancelled. now I've had notification that a new credit agreement is pending on my credit report. I want this nonsense to stop immediately and my credit report to be corrected. I have no intention of joining virgin media again EVER. 

I've looked through all the so called advice on your website and it says in a case of identity fraud to contact the company involved... tried that. not wanting my time on the phone again! but there seems to be NO WAY TO CONTACT YOU WITHOUT AN ACCOUNT NO, WHICH I DON'T HAVE BECAUSE IT WASN'T ME THAT SIGNED UP!

please give me a direct number for the fraud team so I can get this account cancelled immediately. God knows why this idiot keeps trying to impersonate me, that particular bank account never has any money in it, and the router was delivered to my home (not theirs) so I don't know what the point of it all was other than annoying me intensely!

please help?! thank you, Jen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

"that particular bank account never has any money in it"

Consider closing the a/c or have the bank to assign as new a/c number to break the fraud cycle.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Client62
Legend

"that particular bank account never has any money in it"

Consider closing the a/c or have the bank to assign as new a/c number to break the fraud cycle.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @jennib81 

Thank you so much for your first post to our community forums and welcome to the team.

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced this experience regarding an account. I would be more than happy to take a closer look into this with you via a Private Message so we can try and get this resolved. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.

I'm in the process of doing exactly that 🙂 it's happened a couple of times now, all pointlessly, but the bank say I'm secure online they just have my name/ DoB/ address/ sort code/ account no etc apparently. so changing the bank details ASAP! 🙂