Menu
Irzabay
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Someone else’s uses my address

Someone else’s has registered my address for his account and I receive his letters and parcels from virgin into my address. I asked him many times to update his account’s address to his but he doesn’t do it. How can I stop receiving his letters and parcels into my address?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Someone else’s uses my address

Hello

Ultimately why is he using your address ?

For letters what I would do is too write on them "Not known at this address" and pop back in the post box.

For parcels if they are getting delivered by courier or royal mail then refuse to accept them and then they will get returned.

Tell this person what you are going to do, the problem you are going to have is that VM can only change the address after confirming the account holders identity.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Someone else’s uses my address

@Irzabay wrote:

How can I stop receiving his letters and parcels into my address?

Just for completeness here is Royal Mail's advice in these circumstances. It is exactly what Mike (DJ_Shadow1966) advised:

https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5156/~/ive-received-someone-elses-mail 

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks