cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone claiming to be virgin media

Carolqq
Joining in

07********* anyone know who this is? Is it from virgin media staff i got 2 calls from this number saying something about red error warnings on my line? But this number is not searchable dont have a clue what its about. When i asked questions they hung up  sounds like loads of other people chatting with others in background some kind of call centre ?

[MOD EDIT: Number removed]

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

This was a scam call. 

Any call claiming to be from VM which says they have 'detected problems with your router', 'hackers connected to your network' etc. etc. is also a scam call. VM does not make outbound technical support calls in this way.

When they call again, just hang up without talking to them.

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi  @Carolqq 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this and thanks @goslow for the assistance, as we have blocked out the number we cannot fully see it here but you have stated that it is non searchable. If at any point you do get a call from someone claiming to be Virgin Media, we always advise the customer that should you doubt the validity of the call, to state that it is not a good time and you will call our team back. 

We would never call you with an opening line that you have received and it is a common one that has been reported many times. We are in the process of trying to get this stopped, but they do have a tendency to change their numbers. This link 👉 https://virg.in/fraudcalls has more information that you may find useful.

I hope this helps. 

Sabrina

I've just had an identical call, whilst on a Teams call to my boss, so our internet was working fine, which rang alarm bells immediately.

If it's useful, their phone number was [REMOVED]. I asked them for their name and number for me to call back as I was busy and the woman (with an Asian accent) hung up. She was asking me to go and find a device such as my mobile phone to do some checks...hmmnn....

[MOD EDIT: number edited in case it's an innocent number being spoofed]

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I have asked a moderator to remove the posted number as it is more than likely a clone of one belonging to an innocent party. It is common for scammers to clone numbers.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Delbert15 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this, as we have blocked out the number we cannot fully see it here but you have stated that there were a few alarm bells that did lead you to doubt who they were. If at any point you do get a call from someone claiming to be Virgin Media, we always advise the customer that should you doubt the validity of the call, to state that it is not a good time and you will call our team back. 

We would never call you with an opening line that you have received and it is a common one that has been reported many times. We are in the process of trying to get this stopped, but they do have a tendency to change their numbers. This link 👉 https://virg.in/fraudcalls has more information that you may find useful.

I hope this helps. 

Sabrina