cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security matters

liz30538
Superfast

Why does the Internet security team feel justified in locking my account because of suspected suspicious activity i have VM antivirus on my account. I think it would warn me if malware was on my device Have spend from mid afternoon to 9.30pm trying to get my account back A waste of a day because this team think its ok to lock accounts 

i have opened another complaint about this team. I’m sick of them doing this

LEAVE MY ACCOUNT ALONE THERE IS NOTHING SUSPICIOUS ON MY IPAD

4 REPLIES 4

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi liz30538,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry for any frustration with your email address. 

Have you been able to follow the advice on the letter with regards to resolving this?

^Martin

Hi Martin

i spent all day Friday trying to get this resolved both by chat and phone. Hardly anyone knew what to do. it turned out i needed another email address before i could logon to virgin media I had to create one Then i had to generate a new password for outlook to allow the emails to sync to my account The assistan was trying to tell me to input it in the wrong place which of course didn’t work So while she was away checking with her manager I input it into my email password and got it to work A complete waste of a day VM gave me £10 for all the hassle and lodged a complaint about the Internet security team doing that again. I have emailed them to tell them to leave my account alone but they haven’t replied to me

@liz30538 wrote:

Hi Martin

i spent all day Friday trying to get this resolved both by chat and phone. Hardly anyone knew what to do. it turned out i needed another email address before i could logon to virgin media I had to create one Then i had to generate a new password for outlook to allow the emails to sync to my account The assistan was trying to tell me to input it in the wrong place which of course didn’t work So while she was away checking with her manager I input it into my email password and got it to work A complete waste of a day VM gave me £10 for all the hassle and lodged a complaint about the Internet security team doing that again. I have emailed them to tell them to leave my account alone but they haven’t replied to me

No you won't get a reply because VM have no customer facing email addresses, whoever you think you have emailed requesting xyz, it's just been deleted, no human has ever read it.

And, frankly even if it was read, the disabling of email accounts is entirely automatic based on certain criteria, I promise you that no one person is looking at the data and deciding that 'liz30548' email needs to be disabled, similarly, nobody is checking that 'the automated system things that 'liz30538's email should be disabled but they are a special case so it'll be overridden'.

Believer me, they will not, absolutely will not, just leave your account alone, despite want you may have been told or promised!

So how about you see the reality of the situation and spin up a new third party address and start the, admittedly laborious, process of moving your contacts across to it?

Hi liz300538, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. We're happy to hear that things are back up and running for you now. 

We have been making some changes lately and this includes the introduction of multifactor authentication which is why you've needed to add a third party email address. Security of the account is important to us and we need to ensure your data is safe. 

The team will lock any accounts that have any suspicious activity so this is something that could potentially happen again if the suspicious activity is picked up again. 

Please keep us posted on how things go and remember we're here to help in future should you need it. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs