forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Security details

I gave a faulty TiVo box I rang customer services and even though I gave my account and password they asked for my bank details and date of my direct debit, is this the correct procedure as I don’t feel connected giving my bank details out over the phone! 

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Security details

Hi purplequeen1965,

Thank you for posting on the Community Forums, sorry to hear you have an issue with your Tivo box.

We do have certain security checks in place so that when our customers call, we can verify who we're talking to. All accounts are set up with a 'memorable account word' which is set by the customer when the account is registered. We will then ask for 3 random characters from the memorable word if you were to call us.

If these characters cannot be confirmed correctly, we will then ask secondary security questions (provided we are speaking to the account holder). These questions are typically: What email address is registered on your account / what package are you subscribed to or we may ask for the sort code of the bank account which is registered or your direct debit draw date. We would not ask for any other details relating to your banking information. 

I hope that helps put your mind at ease, and if you are still seeking help with your TV service just let us know and we'll be happy to help.

Beth

0 Kudos