Menu
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Security Concerns - 0800 183 6403

I'm raising this as a sincere concern, this is not the first time its happened with Virgin Media but it is the first time in a long time.

I have a new mobile number (less than 6 months) no problems and isn't known by many people, but gave it to Virgin 2 months ago, I had a call on it from a retention's guy called Munir who also emailed me from virginmedia.co.uk email address

MunirSales.PNG

He then called me, meaning had access to this number on Virgin Media's behalf.

Since I'm now being auto-dialed by an 0800 number

0800 183 6403 to be exact.

Following up online with that number leads to lists of complaints from other Virgin Media customers.

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Security Concerns - 0800 183 6403

Upon further investigation this number does seem to be tied to Virgin Media.

However strange that upon answering the call disconnects.

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Security Concerns - 0800 183 6403

I've just received another call from this number and this time I had a foreign guy saying he was from Virgin Mobile, Ok....

Addresses me by full name, OK

Then asks me for the first line of my address and postcode!

I asked them to ask me a different security questions...

He didn't, I advised him that he is calling me, he said that's why he wasn't asking for my full address.... DUH!

I advised him that by giving him my first line of address and postcode that I would be giving him my full address.

He then said, OK if you don't want to give me your details to have a nice day and hung up.

DODGE BEHAVIOR!

I offered to answer other security questions, I asked him to ask me 3 characters from my account password but didn't take that option.

0 Kudos