Menu
Carby54
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Security Breach

At 8.15am this morning I received a telephone call from someone saying that Virgin had requested them to advise me that hackers had got into our internet and everytime we log on they are accessing our personal details.  I asked her why I'd not been notified by letter, email and she said that's why she's calling now.  Saying I've got Security on my phones etc and they've not alerted me.  She just kept repeating same mantra.  I asked her what I had to do and she asked me to tell her how many lights were flashing on my modem.  As I could barely hear her and I wasn't even up at the time I asked her to call back later.  In the meantime I'm checking out whether this is a genuine call or not.  Anyone else had similar?

0 Kudos
jem101
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Security Breach

This was absolutely a scam call - if they do call back just tell them you know it's a scam and hang up.

0 Kudos
Carby54
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Security Breach

Thank you, was my feeling too.   I was half asleep and didn't have my hearing aids in.  I was so trying to be polite but say I couldn't understand her as the accent was so pronounced.  Once I'd said the time I thought then the call was coming from outside of UK otherwise they'd know not to call at that time.  Easy to get caught out.  

0 Kudos