Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Scam phone calls

Hi,

I keep getting automated scam phone calls claiming to be from my internet provider & stating that my internet will be disconnected in 24 hrs because of “illegal activity in the network”. Obviously it’s a complete scam so I just hang up without clicking through to speak to anybody but does anyone know a way to get them to stop for good. I was thinking of buying one of those phones with an inbuilt nuisance call blocker, but not sure if they work or if there’s something else I can do.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Scam phone calls

Unfortunately you can't stop them for good.  "Illegal activity in the network" is another (in)famous scam as you have mentioned. A call blocker seems like a good idea, but in reality the only way to stop it completely and effectively is to have no phone.

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
Windows Update isn't rocket science - if it were, it would work.
Unlike Monty Python, spam is never off.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Rising star
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Scam phone calls

@CJ_C wrote:

Hi,

<snip> I was thinking of buying one of those phones with an inbuilt nuisance call blocker, but not sure if they work or if there’s something else I can do.

Refer to this post yesterday from someone who has just bought a BT blocking phone and seems very happy with it.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/7-spam-calls-today-supposedly-from-Virginmedia/m-p/4...

I use the standalone trueCall device and it has blocked out all nuisance calls for me over the last few months.

0 Kudos