Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Scam phone calls

In the last 3 days I have had 5 scam calls telling me my router has problems. They fo on to ask me to access my lsptop but as I am fairly savvy I know Virgin Media will not ring me at 8am in the morning. After I had checked on here to confirm my suspicions I now treat them like a game. How much rubbish can I talk about before they hang up. Today I spoke about having 2 servers - A.L.D.I  & L.I.D.L, I had a secure firewall provided by C.O.O.P and after asking for there name and email to verify them on my M.F.I access log they hung up.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Scam phone calls

Yes you can get some satisfaction by talking to these idiots in gibberish and they seem to take it all in. If you have time you keep them busy and stop them bothering someone else. / /

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Scam phone calls

Hi Silversurfer59, 

Thank you for posting your experience to the Community. 

It sounds like you are very savvy and able to handle these types of calls but I appreciate they can be rather annoying.

For your benefit and for anyone else seeking assistance, we do offer further advise regarding handling these types of calls here-  https://www.virginmedia.com/help/fraudulent-calls

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos