Menu
FredEgbeare
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Scam phone call this morning in Devon

I received a recorded phone call this morning threatening my service provider was to withdraw broadband service for illegal activity on my account. I terminated call but wanted to share this with everyone. As a senior the message sounds quite frightening for vulnerable people to receive at this time of lockdown. Can you advise please.

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Scam phone call this morning in Devon

Hanging up is the generally advised action as no reputable business would issue such a threat.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

To the OP, you have correctly identified that the call was a hoax/scam. Unfortunately these seem to be rife at the moment.

I posted a response last week to a similar query. I too have received many of these calls and have recently fitted a call blocking and screening device which is working well. My information from the other post is here at the end in message 8 of the topic.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Nuisance-Calls/m-p/4324071

Unfortunately, if you have had one call, the chances are you will receive more.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

These calls seem to be coming out of the woodwork at the moment. Almost everyone I have spoken to has had at least one if not several of these calls. All are from "Spoofed" numbers, most starting 04 or 06, which immediately marks them as bogus as these number ranges are not in use in the UK.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos