Menu
Tigertrev21
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Scam email??

Screenshot_20200328-095541_Email.jpg

 Anyone received an email saying there billing details are out of date and to click the link to alter your billing details?

0 Kudos
Steve_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Scam email??

Still waiting for your picture to be approved.

As a rule of thumb though, I wouldn't trust any email from anyone asking for payment details unless you were expecting it after having contact with a company and following up on this, if in doubt, ring that company to find out if they have sent any communications to you.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

shywitch
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes... and if you hover over the "sign in now" link it shows a totally irrelevant link. Nothing to do with Virgin Media.

You beat me to the question by 5 minutes. DO NOT click anything like that.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No reputable organisation would such a time limited and threatening communication. Forward to phishing@virginmedia.com and delete; if during the send process a Spam Content Found warning is shown then Virgin Media are already aware of it and have started to block it.

Checkout posts by @Int-Sec on the Security matters forum for the latest news on such targeted scams.

BTW the underacted image you posted earlier was rejected because it showed your email address.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped