Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Scam email giggle game snd get together

I keep getting emails from email@em.virginmedia.com trying to get me to enter competitions and give contact details. Is this a scam ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Scam email giggle game snd get together

Thanks -that’s helpful - how did they get my email?  This is my first breach which is very annoying. What’s the advice in preventing more emails? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Scam email giggle game snd get together

Hello

Email addresses can be gathered from lots of locations if you use the email address to sign up to something then it could come from there, I get very few spam email on my VM email addresses as I don't use it for anything, but on my yahoo get quite a few.

If you mark the email as spam then it will go to your spam folder, and will remember that.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: email giggle game and get together

@Anne10 wrote:

I keep getting emails from email@em.virginmedia.com trying to get me to enter competitions and give contact details. Is this a scam ?

Actually that is a genuine VM email.  They are running a weekly promotion ' Sharing Sundays' and the email you describe is this week's offering.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: email giggle game and get together

Thanks -really helpful -you’re right!

0 Kudos