Menu
Hbhoss
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Scam calls

Following me downgrading my package, around 48 hours later, I started getting calls from the following number:

They text asking if I was free. When I asked who it was they said "Steven from the virgin media downgrade team, it appears we can offer you a better deal". I said I was not free. I have contacted virgin media who said noone from Virgin has looked at my file since my conversation when I downgraded so likely a scam. They requested the number which I have posted below. I asked if it could be someone within virgin as they knew I had just downgraded and they are looking into it. I have blocked the number but they continue to call 3-4 times daily.

If a mobile contacts you from virgin. Do not give any details and contact virgin directly to see if it is legitimate!

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Scam calls

Hi Hbhoss,

Welcome to the community and thanks for bringing this to our attention. I am sorry to hear you have been receiving unwanted phone calls following your recent downgrade.

This number doesn't look like one of ours. Can you please confirm if any personal information was given away on this call?

If you received this call on your landline, I'd recommend taking a look at our page for more information on how to deal with nuisance and scam calls here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone-nuisance-calls

Let me knows if there's anything else we can do for you.

Kindest regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
Hbhoss
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Scam calls

Hi Beth,

Thanks for getting back. He said his name was Steven. He called my mobile around 1 day after I had downgraded.  He seemed to know and had my name as well. Since posting this, the calls have stopped.

Cheers!

0 Kudos