cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam call

Dotty321
Joining in

In view of the recent proposed increase I was trying to renegotiate  my contract. I spoke to someone at VM at the beginning of February and was told to call back nearer the end of the month as there would probably be better offers available.  Just before the end of the month (and before I had got round to calling them back) I had a call from Virgin Media Retentions offering me a 2 yr deal at a good price. He said he would confirm it in writing. Having heard nothing more I rang VM this evening only to be told there was no record of this last conversation.  It appears I was scammed.  I didn’t give away any personal details so unsure what was the reason behind this scam call - which I presume it was as VM have no record of it. I felt so freaked out that I’ve agreed an 18 month contract at just a bit more than I’m already paying.  Anyone else had this? 

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Can't guarantee that you didn't receive a scam call but, to try to offer some encouragement, if you have a look through the forums (such as 'Account Management - Cable') you will find dozens and dozens of topics from customers who have had conversations with VM's sales agents who promise X, Y and Z including call backs, confirmation letters and fantastic deals all of which frequently fail to materialise and VM then have no record of (particularly the fantastic deals which were agreed on the phone).

If you want to speak to 'retentions' I'd suggest (from recent personal experience) that you try dead on the dot of 08:00 when the lines first open. This will give you the best chance of getting through to a UK agent with least delay. When I called in this way, I was connected straight through (didn't get offered a fantastic deal though!)

If you are in doubt about your previous phone call, you could do the basics such as change your VM password, security question etc. just in case.

Thanks for responding so quickly - really appreciated.