Menu
funsizescot1975
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Scam Phonecalls

I know the VM doesn’t have a dedicated number/email to report the pain in the backside phone calls from ‘technical support’ telling how they are going to cut off the services if I don’t pay yadda yadda yadda! But does anyone know if they are planning on setting something up? I know just hang up block the number, which I do but lord it would be much easier if they had someone to deal with it in the long run! I know pandemic etc but after this.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Scam Phonecalls

Dealing with it in the long run means ditching our antequated analogue phone system, which was never designed to take calls routed from the internet, with a digital system that uses internet protocols & therefore can use modern security systems.

In short, there is nothing that can be done at the providers end until all the analogue exchanges are decomissioned in 2025.

PS. Don't bother blocking the numbers. They don't exist in the real world & scammers change them several times a day.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos