cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safety Hazard- Bad installation

LauraL2023
Tuning in

Hello,

My neighbour has recently had Virgin Media media installed and when the wires were installed the engineer has fed the wires through our front garden which is a safety hazard as the wires are quite long, i am unable to pull the wires out or cut them as they are live, I have small children (one with disabilities) and we did not give permission for the wires to be on our front garden as this is a safety hazard for us. I am unable to mow the grass in the garden due to these wires.

I have spoken to virgin over the phone two weeks ago about this and no one has come back to me. I am not a Virgin customer so the wires are not needed on my property.

13 REPLIES 13

Push the excess cable under the green fencing onto the pavement.

What precisely is stopping VM from calling the neighbour? The usual security checks could still be done on the outbound call. Sad face emojis aren't an explanation either. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

if your garden is still overgrown i suggest a bit of gardening is in order - a strimmer would be my tool of choice - if it makes a mess of the cable then so be it

Tony.
Sacked VIP

The provision of a storage facility for VM equipment is a valuable service that should be invoiced in full straightaway.

VM provide details on how to do this here. They usually process these within approx 48 hours from receipt of invoice.

The market rate per sq. ft. is £2.80pcm.

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here