cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safe Mode causing Errors, even when turned Off.

ispirit
Joining in

I switched to virgin media very recently.

I'm finding that now and then I may run into the error "Error code: PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR".

After a while i started to get a hunch that it might have something to do with the "safe" options.

After a bit of testing it would seem very likely that this was the case, as any websites that may trigger a blocking through this protocol did so, and any websites that would be expected to be allowed seemed to work as expected most of the time.

Not needing any of the "safe" options, I turned off "child safe" and "virus safe" thinking that this would fix it.

However this error still seems to occur, and I have no idea how to fix it.

It's worth noting that everything was running fine before the switch to Virgin Media. So what ever this is, is clearly a Virgin Media thing.

1 REPLY 1

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

After switching Web Safe off confirm changes by refresh page, press Ctrl + Shift + R; Child Safe and Virus Safe should be reported as off. Try visiting VPN site https://protonvpn.com to see if issue persists, by default Child Safe blocks access to some VPN services. If issue persist post back here and in the meantime consider manually setting your device's DNS to workaround the issue temporarily — consider using Quad9 or similar service to provide DNS

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks